Thursday, November 15, 2012

Joyful Noises

Last Wednesday, the 7th, I asked you all to send good thought, vibes, prayers and the sort to someone very special. I didn't give you much more than that but asked that you just do it as a favor, out of the kindness of your heart. I am happy to tell you that all is fine...thank you so much for just doing and not asking. I posted to FB earlier, "Have you ever been so happy to hear something that you just explode with joy?" This was the news I was referring to, it was one of those reactions that had to be a physical reaction to the emotional response...so great!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
This was a great email I received from a student:

Hi Professor,
I have to share this story with you because I owe you for sharing your knowledge.

I just about had a heart attack this evening when I realized that I left my thumb drive in a school computer today. I was worried because of course all my school documents and research papers that I have accumulated during the school year are on this dr
ive. I had not bothered to back it up recently, and I just finished working on a 7 page essay which was only stored on this drive.

Thankfully, when I went back to school it was still in the computer in the Writing Center. The first thing I did when I got home was create a folder in Dropbox and synced everything and now it's in "the cloud".

I can't thank you enough for introducing this service to me for I had no idea it existed until you assigned it as a project.

 
Those are the ones you look forward to!

No comments: