Monday, November 12, 2012

Laking it Till I'm Making it

I thought I was going to have a day to spend with my daughter but that got smashed early so with most of a day to kill and riding solo, I wanted to figure out how to take advantage of the type of weather we are not likely to see again for months - so I took a drive to a nearby lake and pondered.

the picture to the right is a shot of Lake Cotchituate with an appearance by the beautiful sun whose beams were far brighter than usual for this time of year.

I hung around by the water's edge for an hour or so, listening to the water rippling against the shoreline, letting the wind blow through my hair and trying to surrender to the moment and just feel. There was a point where this song came to mind:

What beautiful words:
You fill up my senses like a night in a forest
Like the mountains in springtime like a walk in the rain
Like a storm in the desert like a sleepy blue ocean
You fill up my senses come fill me again

Come let me love you let me give my life to you
Let me drown in your laughter let me die in your arms
Let me lay down beside you let me always be with you
Come let me love you come love me again

Let me give my life to you come let me love you come love me again
You fill up my senses...
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I baked 6 dozen cookies today, packed up 4 dozen to go to my friend as part of Cookies for a Cause. Used gloves and a surgical mask (and I'm not even Japanese).
 
Got a lot of grading done.
 
Hoping to take a little trip soon, sort of a birthday present to myself - hopefully the timing is right.
 
Back to work tomorrow after three sick days followed by a three day weekend. Still not 100% but working on it.
 

 

No comments: