Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Potpourri for $4 Alex

The biggest news of the last few days was the Powerball jackpot, which ended up around $550 million. The hype was so out there that for the very first time ever, I even played. Numbers were released a few moments ago and sadly, I did not win :)

At the coaxing of my friend Dan, I listened (via) Spotify, to the new Graham Parker and the Rumour record. Graham has not recorded with The Rumour in 30 years - the music, the soul, the spirit, as fresh as ever, pleasant listen!

A group of people at my church have been sewing, knitting, whatever to make afghans and comforters for those affected by hurricane sandy. I have volunteered to deliver them, I hope that happens soon.

So far, I like Windows 8  a lot. I am hoping to get some time with the new version of MS Office soon.

I've been thinking quite a bit about the term I mentioned a few days ago, "Social Poetry". I may have more to say on it soon.

Be well and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: