Saturday, November 24, 2012

Social Poetry?

I've been trying to put together a long-form poetry and over the last, I don't know, 6-8 weeks or so, have only been able to come up with verses that don't necessarily work together. I've been posting them to Facebook but since some of you taht read this blog don't see my Facebook feed, I thought I would compile some of them here:

The first two are related and were written on the same day:
It's a cool fall Friday morning
and while I'm working I'm thinking of you
I hope you're somewhere smiling, that your day is all you want it to be
and maybe for a moment, that you are thinking 'bout me
* * * * * * * * * *
It's still the same brisk Friday
But the working day is through
I sit here counting blessings
And thinking about you
* * * * * * * * * *

These next three were all written either just before I was going to bed or while I was trying to get to sleep, but couldn't get there so easily:

I know I should be sleeping
but I've got you on my mind
there's so much I want to say to you
with the words that I can't find
* * * * * * * * * *
before i close my eyes
before i call it a night
through any and all of the darkness
you are my source of light
* * * * * * * * * *
Before I drift off to dream
know that it's you that I'll be dreamin' of
In dreams a thousand miles are just a few steps away
and now I must go lay my head down

Finally, a Haiku I wrote today:

Touched by the spirit
lost in a magical world
enchanted by you

No comments: