Saturday, November 17, 2012

Yet Another Five More Questions Answered from this Seemingly Endless Meme

Do you believe in life on other planets?
I’m not sciency enough to know whether or not the makeup of other planets is conducive to life but I can’t say there is no or has never been life on other planets. The way I see it, if our planet was able to evolve as it has and include such a wide array of life forms, it’s actually more logical to assume the possibility of life existing in some form on other planets.

At what point of your life do you think you started to understand who you are?
I like to think of myself as a constant work in progress J Seriously, in grad school was where I got a clearer picture of the teacher aspect of who I am and my general philosophy of education as a cornerstone for the advancement of civilization.

Are there times when you thought you had taken a fall, only to discover more about yourself?
Back in college, I got my first credit card. I was sure I was a reasonably responsible person but I had no idea what the heck I was thinking or how I managed to rationalize what became a several year period of spending to excess and running credit card bills up. By the time I was 27, I had amassed debt that was more than twice my annual salary at the time and I was physically ill, stressed and anxious at the burden of debt. Eventually, I filed for bankruptcy and it was the best thing I ever did – it was a hard lesson but I have never been in debt since.

Who just doesn’t get it?
Fundamentalists. In this country, we have a very large number of fundamentalist Christians who carry around the bible as if it were a rule book and they choose to interpret it, incorrectly, and hold those interpretations as law.

Do you work out? Have you ever joined a gym and quit almost immediately?
I work out every day, been doing that for just over two years and am very proud of that. However, I have not always had that kind of discipline. There was one time I joined gym and never went back, the only time I had ever been in that particular gym was the day I signed up. Another time I was a member of a gym that was open 24/7; it was in NY and I don’t know if it was cultural or a matter of the time and place (this was late 80’s early 90’s), people would kind of doll themselves up to go there and there was less working out than there was picking up – super strange place, I only went there regularly for a few months then abandoned it.

No comments: