This is a meme I've done here before, I thought I'd try it again:
1.What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Visited Chicago, met Tori in person, ate Alligator.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I try not to make resolutions for the new year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, in fact on the 18th of this month, Alexis Noelle Dergarbedian was born.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
The deaths fresh in my mind, and everyones, are those in Newtown, CT. earlier this month.
5. What countries did you visit?
Is New Orleans a country? LOL! I stayed within the continental United States this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
I'm not certain I would elaborate on that here but if I did, it would take up a lot of space. Suffice it to say that I'll be happy to know that the people that mean the most to me are happy and healthy.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 25th. I met Tori in person for the first time and also, Claire, Nick and Shane - it was the best day ever.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
At the pinning ceremony for the class of 2012 ADN Nursing class, I was recognized for my hard work and dedication by the entire class and presented with a certificate.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that I can't come up with something for this but I want it to be a good thing, and so it is..
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Touch of the bug in November, nothing so awful.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A stethoscope, because it got me to take the time to write something meaningful for someone meaningful.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friend John "Cookie Monster" Paolillo. Despite his house being destroyed by Hurricane Sandy, he set an example of leadership and showed his caring soul to all by getting out every day and helping others who were devastated by the storm.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
John Boehner and just about every other republican in congress.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage (that one still hasn't changed - lol).
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I've already spoke of how meeting Tori was awesome - highlight of my year. There was another pretty great moment when a group of friends that I grew up with got together back in our old neighborhood. Then, there was one of those friends whose book was published!
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Were I willing to take the time and really reflect on the new music that came out this year that I took to, I might say "We Take Care of Our Own" from Bruce Springsteen/E-Street band but because of the very recent end of the Mayan calendar thing, "It's the End of the World as We Know It" by REM makes me laugh.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Same-ish.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer (Not necessarily financially but in other ways).
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading; for some reason, I read way less than normal this year.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Watch TV, I think. I watch a lot of TV and I don't have a real problem with that but I wonder, now that I am forced to put thought into it, if I might have been more creatively productive otherwise.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my daughter away with her mom, it was up in the air as of this writing.
21. How many one-night stands?
22. What was your favourite TV program?
Dexter, Mad Men, Breaking Bad.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Didn't read a lot of books this year but the best of the ones I did was "Sons of the Pope" by Daniel O'Connor.
25. What did you want and get?
I'm assuming this means material goods. Is it really bad that I have no idea?
26. What was your favorite film of this year?
Didn't see many this year, and none of them very current - again, I have nothing to add here.
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I didn't do anything special. I even went to work. I did receive a great gift that was actually made special for me. I turned 48 this year.
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
This is one of those questions that if I write anything I would think so deeply about it that I would occupy pages and pages. I could easily come up with a number of things then narrow them down to figure out the "one thing" that the question calls for. Already, I've use many words to ultimately say nothing and so without further ado (does anyone know what that really means?), I shall end my answer to this question without actually answering it.
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
I am so not fashion oriented; much more fashion challenged.
30. What kept you sane?
Knowing that my teenage daughter needs me.
31. What political issue stirred you the most?
The idiot Republican party.
32. Who did you miss?
I always miss my folks, especially during holiday season.
33. Who was the best new person you met?
My friends in "The Road Dawgs, except for Meghan who along with her hubby (and kids), I've known for a long time.
That’s about the size of it.
And now i must present a photo of me. Here is one from last night: