Monday, January 21, 2013

Any Given Sunday

During football season, I want the Patriots to be the team to win their game on Sunday. They are a pretty good team with solid players, coaching and of course, Tom Brady. But, the way it works is that no matter how good you are, how much you prepare, there are factors beyond your control and, everyone of the players is human and humans are callable. As such, on any given Sunday, the other team can win, as much as you don't want them to.

Yesterday, coming into the game, the Patriots had some pretty good momentum but I was cautiously optimistic. The Ravens are a tough, gritty team and it wasn't going to be an easy victory if it was to be a victory at all.

As things would happen, it wasn't in the cards for the Pats and they were bested. In fact, some superstar caliber players, most notably one of the best QB's to play the game, Tom Brady, looked as mortal as ever. It was sad to see the end of the season for "my team" but I have grown to the point where I realize, it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things,

Today, I'm getting to go to lunch with my daughter at her favorite (right up there on my list as well) restaurants; that's better than any football game outcome could ever be.

No comments: