Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Lip Syncing

Of all the things to make the news, whether or not Beyonce lip-synced at the inauguration. Really? Who the fuck cares?

However, I do have an opinion on lip syncing in general. For example, Britney Spears does not sing live but rather lip syncs; as does Madonna. I personally believe that if you are not talented enough or confident enough to perform the song live at whatever venue then you should refrain from doing so. I think lip syncing should be banned permanently.

At the very least, at every performance where lip syncing will happen, it should be required to publicly announce  that in advance so that when someone spends their hard earned money to watch a performer sing a song then has to be cheated of that, they at least know in advance what they are paying for instead of being the victim of a fraud.

If you can't sing live, then don't perform live. If I wanted to hear a recorded version, I could listen to the CD - if I am watching you perform live, I expect a live performance. If you are not capable of providing a live performance, tell me in advance and we'll be fine.

No comments: