Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pot Luck Coming

We have a pot-luck luncheon this coming Monday at work. I've decided to make an old favorite, my gourmet Rice Krispie Treats. I've made dozens of varieties in the past all to a fabulous reception but it's been a number of years since I made them.

I've got an idea for one, that I don' even know if I can pull off. However, if I do, it will be legendary! Sunday will be busy experimenting - my daughter will reap the benefits. I'll let you know how I make out.

I've done some fun pot luck things.

One fun one was when I brought in a homemade chocolate cake, good vanilla ice cream (store bought), and I made a cinnamon whipping cream at my serving station (a fun thing I did was create a serving station). I then served a square of the cake split into the top and bottom half, placed a scoop of ice cream on the bottom half, angled the top half on to it then a dollop of the cream, a sprinkle of powdered sugar and a few mint leaves for garnish...wowed 'em with something so simple.

I did a cake for one of my ex-wife's pot lucks at her job (while we were married of course) - it's a 3 layer chocolate cake with a Bailey's Butter creme frosting/filling; I decorate it all fancy with chocolate curls and grated chocolate - very cool. This cake went over so well that long after my ex-wife stopped working their and in fact, once, after the divorce, I would get requests from people there to make that cake for them (to which I declined every time - though I did offer to do it for $100 once for someone; they passed).

The beer braised ribs were a big hit. Oh, a crazy one that went over because it was good comfort food on a cold winter day was a tater tot casserole.

I feel like I just spent this whole post bragging about how great my food is - I hope it didn't come off that way. I've eaten a few good things too.

No comments: