Monday, February 18, 2013

Back in MA

Weather conditions delayed my flight from the midwest back into Logan a bit but the exctended time I had at the airport, the flight, the drive from Logan to my house, and even after waking up, three times before surrendering to the couch for some lazy time (Oliver won't leave me alone - lol), made me realize that I have zero doubt where my heart is (not that I had any to start with).

I was just chilling out this morning on the couch watching some television and I suddenly felt so filled with emotions that they began pouring out of me, literally.

I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to travel, to spend time with five of the six people that consume a great portion of my heart and my thoughts, to have had a wonderful time, found a sense of peace I hadn't felt in a while. It was a rejuvenating and beautiful time away from the place I live.

I need to do some laundry and food shopping to prepare for the week ahead. I can't wait to see my daughter again. I'm talking gibberish because it's hard to put what I am feeling into words but I need to express a little so this is just that - blogs are good for that -

The idea in the Billy Joel song, "You're My Home", a song I've loved forever, really sang to me. "Whenever we're together, that's my home.", "Home is just another word for you." That piano piece in the middle, it just grabs at you.

Then there is this Bruce Springsteen lyric:

Your voice comes calling through the mist
I awake from a dream and my heart begins to drift
Tonight we're on our own
Tonight we're all alone
Oh-oh, tonight

Someday we'll be together
And the night will fall around us
This love will last forever
Someday we'll be together
Together

I can't sleep so I lay awake listenin' to the sounds of the city below
I get dressed and walk the streets but I got nowhere to go
Tonight it's you I miss
Tonight my only wish is
Oh-oh, tonight

Someday we'll be together
And the night will fall around us
This love will last forever
Someday you'll be mine

Tonight we're on our own
Tonight we're all alone
Oh-oh, tonight

Someday we'll be together
And the night will fall around us
This love will last forever
Someday you'll be mine
Woah-whoaaa
Someday you'll be mine
Woah-whoaaa (this love will last forever)
Someday you'll be mine
(Someday we'll be together)
(The night will fall around us)
(This love will last forever)
(Someday you'll be mine)
(Someday we'll be together)

No comments: