Monday, February 25, 2013

The Charitable Giving Post

For those of you who enjoy a nice charitable donation here and there, I wanted to share where my donations are going to and why, in case they may interest you as well:

Hurricane Sandy Relief
These are the primary charities I am committing to in 2013. There are two that I've given to, both are solid organizations though I am focusing on the Robin Hood Fund for the balance of my personal giving.

1. Episcopal Relief and Development
2. Robin Hood Fund

National MS Society
My niece is participating in the walk on April 27th this year. The link below is to support her efforts.

Walk MS 2013

2013 Mass General Marathon Team
This is an annual effort at the Boston Marathon, this year on April 15. My friend's husband Mike is running to support the Mass General Team. Mike and Christina's very young son was diagnosed with leukemia in Nov. of 2011 and his treatment since then at Mass General has helped save his life. The fund being supported by the marathon effort make it possible for other young children to receive similar care,

2013 Mass General Marathon Team

Whether you decide to help out with one of these funds or not isn't nearly as important as whether or not you make some effort to donate to some high quality charity if it's within your means.

No comments: