Friday, March 22, 2013

Back

For the last couple of days, my back has not felt good at all. I was at the vet yesterday and when I went down to pick up the cat carrier, some guy held his hand out to help me get up uttering, "I can see your pain, I'm just getting over it myself." It's not the first nor will it be the last time my back flares up but as in the past, I'm pretty sure that in a week or two, maybe three, it will be okay. I can't bring myself to complain about it this time though because my cousin's wife is fighting for her life, and losing her battle.

Death always has some effect, more so when it's someone in your own age group or younger. The brink of death, the battle for life, all of it aside from the normal emotional of familial attachments to the person, we are forced to confront our own mortality during these times.

Treasure what you have and the people that you call family and friends - the people that are good to you.

No comments: