Friday, March 29, 2013

Bad Choice

Last Sunday night I made a hotel reservation on ChoiceHotels.com for the following Tuesday night down in NY where I attended the funeral. That same night, I founder a less expensive room and cancelled that reservation, within the acceptable time frame indicated to not be charged and received an email confirming the cancellation.

Today, I am reconciling my books and notice that ChoiceHotels charged my AMEX card for the cancelled room! Those fuckers! I called them, got bounced around and had to forward the email they sent me as they were unable to come up with the cancellation on their computer system even though I provided the cancellation number they gave me.

This is so wrong - sorry, I don't accept this and think they should not only provide the appropriate credit but I feel I should be compensated for the error. Lord knows if I "screwed up" they would charge me.

No comments: