Thursday, March 28, 2013

Bereavement Haiku Session

As you know, my cousin lost his wife. Over the two days I spent with the family for the funeral, as sort of a therapy, I wrote and a number of haiku's came to me; I put them on FB as they came to me but I have collected them here:

the love of my life
taken from me, i am lost
my heart is broken
**************************
though the pain is great
for my kids, i must move on
i need to be strong
**************************
i still feel you here
you will always be with me
right here in my heart
**************************
our time was too short
our love will always remain
your spirit lives on
**************************
i'm all out of tears
when will this sadness subside?
when will i have peace
**************************
on the other side
your soul has passed through this world
look down upon us
**************************
the final goodbye
though your body has left us
your spirit lives on

No comments: