Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chaperone?

My daughter serves as an acolyte at church and today, they had a gathering to discuss an acolyte trip to Washington, DC on Columbus day weekend. All the kids got all jazzed up about how great it is going to be and people from past trips were talking up how great it's going to be and after a while, every kids was going nuts because they were so excited about going. Then, the deacon, who is in charge of the Acolyte corps said that they would not be able to go on the trip unless they were able to procure a male adult chaperone. It brought the vibe way down, all these kids who were ecstatic seconds ago were already acting as if the wind had been taken from their sails - I hated that and I wanted to see them all be happy again, so out of nowhere, I just raised my hand and yelled, "I'm in!"

The kids went nuts and the entire room gave me a round of applause as if I'd found the cure to something. It was so odd. I'm baffled that I did that, the idea of chaperoning scares the crap out of me! My daughter was so happy, all of them were. So, I guess I am going to Washington, D.C. in October.

No comments: