Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Stuff

A reasonably nice weather day for Easter today. I picked up Vickie at her mom's and was surprised that she chose to wear a dress for church. After the service, the little kids had an Easter egg hunt while the rest of us hung out inside for some food.

Vickie and I watched a movie called "The Machinist" starring Christian Bale; the movie was awesome (though Vickie talked through the entire thing :) ).

Remember the Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies I mentioned yesterday? I baked a test batch today. Interesting recipe and concept, Vickie loves them, want to make a tweak tomorrow - I'm sending some to my friend's Cathy and Chuck's son Chris who is away at college and another batch to my 5 favorite folks in the Midwest.

Yesterday was the 19th anniversary of my dad's death, along with my cousin's wife passing this week and word of the son of some friend's from church passing earlier this morning - some of the Easter service and music really took on a very different meaning today.

I'm thrilled that the Mineo's have agreed to host the next friend's reunion on April 20th but I am concerned that so few of our core group have responded to the invite as of yet. Regardless, I'll be heading to NY earlier that day to distribute handmade afghans to victims of hurricane sandy in Breezy Point and the Rockaways.

My daughter and I heard this new sond by Fall Out Boy today and we both realy like it. Check it out:

No comments: