Tuesday, March 26, 2013

From a Day Inn in New Jersey

I left MA around 8:30 this morning and was able to go a solid hour and a half before taking a short break to ease the pressure on the sciatic nerve, stretch, get a cup of coffee and a morsel for fortification and a schosh of gas to get me to NJ, where just about the only thing worth anything in NJ is the low price of gas, (sorry, I have never liked NJ - gas price was 3.319 full service).

Once back on the road, I made it straight through to NJ, about another 3ish hours. I took in a workout on the treadmill in the crappy hotel fitness center - for a number of reasons, then I showered, changed and made my way into Staten Island to meet up with the family for dinner before the wake.

I did get to see some family and a few friends that I hadn't seen in a very long time. Of course, there was that awkward "sorry it had to be under these circumstances" thing but it was still nice to see them.

I know that tomorrow will be very, very difficult, especially for my cousin, his children and Emma's parents. I hope that all will find peace and find a way to move forward. Thanks to all of your for your kind thoughts and prayers!

No comments: