Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston Sadness

Today was a a pretty dark day for the city of Boston, our Country and the World. The annual running of the Boston Marathon has long been a day where families, friends, neighbors and large droves of people in general get together along the marathon route and have fun celebrating.\

On this particular day, there were a series of explosions not far from the finish line that caused deaths, injuries, and general chaos in the world we live in.

There has been much speculation and I've kept away from the news for the past couple of hours so I don't know if there are any new developments but I made a conscious effort to not pay attention to anything that isn't solid fact, to avoid the speculation and just focus on the things I know; the be grateful for the safety of those I know are safe, grateful for all of the loved ones in my life wherever they may be.

There was some concern about three people that I knew that were running in the marathon, there were hours of texting, messaging, posting, calling and what not but eventually, I learned that all were safe.

I've been going in and out of emotions. It's all so sad.

No comments: