Tuesday, April 16, 2013

the Wild Turkey Equalizer

When traffic is at a standstill, it's not uncommon to get frustrated and begin with an anger toward the driver directly in front of you and then slowly up the line, you know there must be some jerk up there being jerky and ruining everyone's day.

I was driving today on a road in town and traffic came to a sudden halt. I kept my cool but could see a few people trying to peer out their window and figure out what the deal was. Then, there it was, a wild turkey just hanging in the middle of the road taking in the sights ands saying a big fuck you to all of the cars exclaiming with his (or her) confident sneer, "this land was mine before it was yours, I'll move when I am ready!"

It seemed like minutes but I know it was seconds later, the turkey took off for the woods and traffic resumed. All I could do was laugh.

No comments: