Saturday, June 15, 2013

Has TBTL Run its Course?

I remember one of my blog pals Sprizee making mention of this Seattle based radio show called TBTL - which was also available as a podcast. I instantly took to the show becoming a fan and loving the way Luke Burbank, Jen "Flash" Andrews and "Japan's Favorite Mixer" Sean DeTore interacted.

Jen and Sean left the show some time ago and while they make random infrequent appearances (that are always welcome), the show focuses now on Luke and a guy named Andrew. The show still has some of the essence and quirkiness that made it joyful to listen to since the beginning but it just seems to me that it no longer has the same heart.

I feel like Luke has lost his real love for the show and finds himself in the awkward position of not knowing how to leave it behind and move forward. The problem, is he is moving forward with other projects and so many of the shows when he is focusing on other things are just traces of the show that don't hold up.

I find myself as a long time fan in the predicament of wanting to just stop listening but I too am finding it hard to do, even though I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I once did and I know it's lived past it lifespan. Perhaps it is selfish of me to linger and lurk hoping it will die before I kill it from my play list. I feel partly like I am betraying my loyalty because I do genuinely like Luke, who is very likable. I also desperately miss Jenn and Sean who each moment they are not on the show make it painfully obvious how important to what made the show work with the original trio.

No comments: