Friday, June 14, 2013

Waiting for Godot

Well, not really Godot, actually Mc Queary. I made my last pitch yesterday hoping to get funded to the Blackboard world conference I've attended each year since 2006 (with the exception of one). I sent a note to the sales rep. from Blackboard - today I got a brief note from her that was hopeful; it was a single sentence, "I am checking into what options are available and will be back in touch next week." We spend over $200k per year with this company and the conference is filled with significant information and great contacts - and is fun. All I can do is wait, and so I do.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I haven't effectively thought about vacation time! I should have but just kind of forgot to. I would love to get back to the Chicago area, I feel like I need to visit family in AZ (though doing so in summer seems strange) - who knows, I am open. There are places I'd like to go, people I really want to see - I need to figure some of it out.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
With Father's day coming on Sunday, of course dad is on my mind. This picture cracks me up for two reasons:
  1. Dad would often doze off on his chair like that. Looks like he may have had a bit of a headache here.
  2. I now sometimes doze off!
Abrupt (ish) post end.

No comments: