Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Conferencey Stuff and Hidden Pizza

Sleeping was a challenge as my body was rejecting time zones. I ended up at the gym when they opened at 6, even though today was the one late start day for conference stuff. When I got back, I wanted breakfast but had a hard time finding a simple breakfast - I just wasn't in the mood to spend $15-$20 on breakfast for just me. I ended up at the Starbucks in the Fashion Show mall (a nice walk, it was a cool 90 degrees out at 8:30 am). I asked for a cup of decaf and the Barista asked if I minded a "pour over". I said, "yes, I mind very much and am offended at whomever made the decision not to brew decaf". I can't even begin to describe how repulsed that many Starbuck's will no longer brew decaf.

I posted this to FB today:
I'm pretty sure a slot machine just moaned at me, and I didn't even push any of her buttons. Perhaps she thought I had great ass(ets) and wanted a piece of the action. ‪#‎VegasHumor‬ ‪#‎ilaughed

I thought was very funny, but no comments at all, I guess I should be happy with the 6 likes - go figure!

Conference shenanigans started around 12:30 or so and then went on after the keynote with a welcome reception. I ran into a number of MA colleagues, four of us went for a walk on the strip; I told them about the hidden pizza place and they were intrigued and wanted to see it. We had a fun adventure waking there (and back) in the 104 degree breeze; I'm pretty certain I have an idea what it feels like inside a convection oven.

These guys were hanging around before and into the Welcome reception:

I have another funny picture of them, but for some reason, the computer keeps crashing every time I try to load it into here and I am exhausted, so maybe I will post it tomorrow - Good Night!


No comments: