Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tail Ends

In reflection and summary of the conference I attended last week, I prepared a report of all that I saw, absorbed, and accomplished - the paper ended up being 16 pages but I think it does a good job of summarizing the important stuff and highlight some great references. I share it with my colleagues at work who were not able to go to the conference but I also shared it with some colleagues from other colleges; people that I've built a professional relationship with - it was nice to see how appreciative they were to receive it.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
I'm on the tail end of a project for one of my "pay it forward" gifts. I haven't yet decided, but the work that went into it may seed a series of podcasts as well - who knows! Regardless, I think it turned out pretty cool - can't say much more, don't want to give it all away.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hard to believe that back-to-school stuff has begun to surface in retail already; Walgreen's had started their display. I shouldn't be so surprised and in fact, it really isn't all that hard to believe because it seems to get earlier each year. However, it's only like 5 or 6 weeks until my daughter goes back and about 6-7 weeks before the fall semester begins at my school.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
I'm all caught up on the TV I missed while I was in Vegas last week. I am not thrilled with the final results of The American Baking Competition but I enjoyed the show. I still haven't finished the latest season of Arrested Development, I have about 4 episodes left. Finally, it's just under a month (I think) from the Breaking Bad final season premiere. OH, I almost forgot the current, and final, season of Dexter is underway (and awesome!).

That's about it for this time.

No comments: