Wednesday, August 07, 2013

A Million Ways to Say Nothing at All

It's not like there isn't anything to talk about. In politics we could talk about Obama/Putin or the incredibly stupid people of the Republican party, in sports there's drugs and total lack of sportsmanship, in music there are always new sounds to speak of.

All that I could contrive into a series of sentences yet in this very moment, I just feel very empty and in that emptiness, I can't force the words to come, much less put them together with thoughtfulness and reason.

Tonight, I have nothing, or rather, almost nothing.

I am lost a bit in trying to figure out how to get enough sleep. As I type this, it's 11:26 and my alarm is set to go off at 5, that is not enough time to be well rested. Last night it was midnight before head hit pillow and this morning was painful. I've managed okay thus far, and will again but for now - I am bleary eyed, weary brained and a bit worn.

There was one thing that hit me today - made me smile and tear up all at once. I saw a video highlight reel from the wedding of a friend's daughter. It was surreal to see the child of a friend who I've known since we were his daughter's age get married. It's beautiful in all the ways it should be but it also serves as a demarcation of where my generation sits on the big time line of life; that's not a bad thing, it's just a real thing.

Goodnight my friends and loyal readers.

No comments: