Thursday, August 22, 2013

Sophomore

Last year on this date I wrote about going to an orientation at my daughter's new school where she was about to start her freshman year of high school. We had come off a very difficult last year (more like last couple of years) in middle school and so much was new.

Vickie got through Freshman year just fine and next Tuesday will start her sophomore year. We've casually had some conversations about college and preparing for that journey but she's also recently turned 15 and as it happens in teenagerhood, things start changing.

Boy, parenting is really an interesting ride! Never a dull moment for sure, it really keeps you on your toes.

I do have to say, I still love hanging out with my kid - we always have a good time and can be silly together, enjoy (some) music together. I do still need to get use to her doing things on her own with her friends, it of course happens more often and I am still not really used to it.

:)

No comments: