Saturday, September 28, 2013

Bad Business

I just don't get this type of business. Both A.C. Moore and Michael's (two different craft/hobby supply stores) have coupons weekly that usually offer either 40% or 50% off any one regular priced item. They have a policy though that you can only use one of these coupons per purchase. However, if I buy a single item, use the coupon, then leave the store and come back in and buy another item, I can use another coupon - even with the same cashier. This is stupid...either make it 50% off on all regular priced items or just stop with the coupons.

Now as bas as that is, here's another irritating thing happened to me today at A.C. Moore. I brought an item to the register that had the price on the shelf listed at $5.99; there was no indication that it was on sale at all but I figured with the 50% of it would be $3.00 and that's actually about what it should cost. The dude rings it up and it comes up as "on sale" for $5.00 and he said, "it's already on sale, I can't accept your coupon." I told the dude, "Then charge me the regular price and take the coupon." His reply, "I can't do that."

In my head (I hope) I said, "Well fuck you then!" But I actually said, "then I am not going to purchase it." and I walked out leaving the item there.

If they don't want to honor the coupon, why do they even have them? If your goal is to get me into the store, in order to get me to want to ever come back, you need to treat me like my business means something to you and not get me there under false pretenses.

Don't you just hate that?

No comments: