Monday, September 02, 2013

Bloomin' Onion


It's very deceptive and I recall, when I first saw the ad for it back when Outback Steakhouse was new in these parts, I was intrigued and wanted to try one. I even think I convinced myself that I liked it at first despite being certain that hours later I regretted how much of it I ate and having eaten it at all.

It's been a few years now since I've eaten any of a bloomin' onion, but can still taste it. the thing is, it's nothing special - if made properly, and consistently, both of which are rare, it can be a tasty treat if you carefully control your portion (which is a way smaller amount that you are thinking right now, trust me). However, overall, hey tend to be to greasy and long term,, just sit in your gut causing all kinds of unnecessary yuckiness.

I know, odd that I write this right after my post about my current stomach thing but I saw a thing on FB that referred to the bloomin' onion and couldn't resist.

No comments: