Monday, September 09, 2013

I Couldn't Sleep At All Last Night

Because of the stupid thumb! I wasn't certain then, only knew something was wrong. Sure enough the darn thing was infected and had filled up with gun causing pressure, therefore pain. Doctor, actually NP sliced it open today and drained it. As painful as the squeezing to drain was, it was almost one of those pain/pleasure continuum things. Once drained and cleaned, it instantly felt significantly better. From here it's antibiotics for 5 days and keeping the wound clean and dressed.

TRANSITION

Tonight was my first Monday night class for the semester marking my return to the traditional classroom after a few years of exclusively online teaching. This semester I have one online class and the one Monday night on campus.

Funny, as the years pass and I learn something from each class I've taught, I try to incorporate that into the mix. Tonight, there was a lot of that, but there was also some inspiration from the observation of the student experience - some from what I've seen over the last 16 years in higher-ed and some from a thousand miles away.

ANOTHER TRANSITION

I am so tired that my exhaustion is exhausted. the title of this post is very real, I can't say that I slept zero last night but for all intents and purposes, I didn't. I didn't have to wait for the alarm to sound, I was already up and grateful it was today, so I could hit the doctor. Tonight, I shall get a few hours sleep for sure!

Thanks to those of you who really did think good thoughts for me, I like to think they all helped.

No comments: