1. The Seven Dwarfs are Sleepy, Sneezy, Bashful, Grumpy, Dopey, Happy, and Doc. Which would be the easiest role for you to play today?
Sleepy for sure – no thought necessary. I had a bit of a sleep deprived week.
2. Santa’s eight tiny reindeer are Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen. Which would be the most apt nickname for you today?
I’ll go with Dasher. I’ve been dashing about all week to put out fires (figurative), getting around campus to take care of things and of course, take care of personal business.
3. The kids on Eight is Enough were David, Mary, Joanie, Susan, Nancy, Elizabeth, Tommy, and Nicholas. Which of these names have you known the highest number of? Which of these the least?
The most – I would say Tommy (growing up in an Italian and Irish neighborhood – there were many Tommy’s in the Irish families).
The least – Joanie (even accounting for Joan’s as part of the mix).
4. The creatures in the Chinese zodiac are the rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, goat, horse, monkey, rooster, dog, and pig. Forget which one you are according to the calendar; which one do you imagine yourself most like?
This one is hard! I pick dog – as in the ‘man’s best friend” context (I’m also highly trainable and enjoy peeing on fire hydrants).
5. Each of the Five Chinese Brothers had a special talent: One could swallow the entire sea; one had an iron neck; one could hold his breath forever, one could stretch his legs as far as he needed; one could withstand fire. Which of these peculiarities would have been most useful to you this past week?
Withstand fire seems to be logical, I put our many figurative fires this week! If withstanding fire includes figurative fires – then that.