Friday, September 06, 2013

One Week In

And so the first week of classes, abbreviated by Labor Day, ends. the crowds weren't as big as I expected, especially with the reported increase in enrollment. the challenges of this time of semester, still as challenging for sure.

I made a commitment to come into this semester with a new outlook and approach and I think for the most part, I was successful. For the most part, I had a good time this week bouncing from situation to situation and solving problems.

On Monday night, I return live in front of a class of student for the first time in about a year and a half or so. I'm conflicted because I love doing it but hate working at night.

The weather was nice today, I took a walk at lunch time that really felt great. I'm nursing a few medical issues right now but feeling pretty good and optimistic.

I feel like I am straying a bit...LOL!

Here are a couple of items I FB'ed today...

A student just came up to me asking if I can help her. She said, "I was able to log in early in the summer but it no longer works." I looked up her account using her student ID and when I printer her username and password she said, "Oh, that's right, my name changed. I got married over the summer and forgot about it."

and

Nursing Professor: "Hi Chris, my menopause has me very forgetful these days, do you have a spare laptop charger?"
Me: ***GASP***


As you can see, my job has a variety of ____________________ (not sure of the right word.

No comments: