Monday, September 02, 2013

Reflux, Refux

In the middle of August I mentioned I was having an issue with reflux, bas stomach acid, for the first time. I went on a 14 day course of Prilosec that took its sweet time to begin working but by day 9 or so, I was vastly improved and felt more like myself (others noted there was visual evidence of improvement as well, which makes me wonder what the hell I looked like during the worst of it).

Once the 14 days of medication were through, I simply went on with my life. Then, a day or two later, I began having symptoms again. I called the doctor a few days later and they now have me back on Prilosec and have an appointment schedule for the 12th of this month.

I don't know what's wrong but I am certain something is not right. I hope it's something simple and need to hope that between how ridiculously busy it should be at work, teaching my classes and otherwise, that my anxiety won't have time to start thinking the worst and amplifying the whole thing.

No comments: