Saturday, September 14, 2013

Trigger Words

You ever see something or hear a word that triggers a song that you know and then, you can't get that song out of your head? I saw a picture of a bushel of apples today and just about instantly, the song "A Bushel and A Peck" from the musical Guys and Dolls popped in to my skull.

I love you, a bushel and a peck!
A bushel and a peck, and a hug around the neck!
A hug around the neck, and a barrel and a heap
A barrel and a heap, and I'm talkin' in my sleep.
About you.
About you!
About you!

It goes on...I remember as a kid even, hearing the Doris Day version on  record my parents had.
********************
Today was a pretty good day - it lacked organization but who cares, it was a Saturday after all! I chilled out for a bit after waking up, had a nice bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crunch with a banana and unsweetened almond milk (I just read that and it potentially sounds pretentious and/or obnoxious - sorry, not meant to).

I planned to crank out a five mile power walk, the weather was perfect - so I got myself ready and went for it. I started with a four mile jaunt that would land me at the local farmer's market. I stopped at the market to chill, enjoy some music, support the community - then, the final mile back home.

I banged out some chores that involved being in retail stores, particularly at the customer service counters, but I chose to not let the usual displeasure of such tasks put a damper on my day!

I cranked out some work for my class...redeveloping the whole course takes time! fortunately, I'm 5-6 weeks ahead of the students.

I guess that is it for today. See ya tomorrow!

No comments: