Thursday, October 31, 2013

Congratulations Red Sox

Words that it kills a N.Y. Yankees fan to say, Congratulations to the World Champion Boston Red Sox. For me though, I've talked a lot about how sportsmanship is sorely missing from professional sports and if I am going to walk the walk, I must give credit where credit is due.

Last night, the Red Sox won the World Series for the third time in a decade, cementing that if there ever was a curse, that it surely no longer exists. I also have to give props to Big Papi, David Ortiz. I've never denied that there are very few hitters that have the kind of presence at the plate that Ortiz does and I wrote him off a couple of years ago. In this series, he not only was the obvious choice for MVP, he dominated at the plate and showed a sense of team spirit and leadership that's rare in professional sports today and despite he is the kingpin of the arch rival Boston Red Sox, he deserves every accolade for his performance in this series.

As I've mentioned in other social media outlets, living in Red Sox nation for the last 16+ years, I have made many friends who are Sox fans and I know this win brought all of them great pleasure. If you know me at all, you know that it means something to me that my friends are happy so to all of you who read this, and were brought some measure of joy by the Red Sox victory - I am truly happy for you and you should enjoy and savor the thrill of it all.

No comments: