Thursday, October 03, 2013

Dancing With the Other Devil

I've had Verizon FIOS as my Phone, Internet, TV provider for as long as they've offered service in my area. Today, I told them to go take a hike and had Comcast installed.

A few months ago, there was a period of 3 or 4 months in a row where my Verizon bill was wrong. I spent a solid 2 hours of my time over those 3-4 calls I had to make to get the bill corrected. That, on top of a few other incidents prompted me to make a request for compensation of my valuable time and a show of respect for me as a valued customer.

I didn't ask for the moon, I was reasonable: a $100 service credit and a new service agreement comparable to one of the (then) current offers being made available to all new customers. In short, they said no and when I asked, "even at the cost of my business?" Again, they implied that my business was simply not important enough to keep under those terms. I was baffled, it was as if I asked them for free service for life!

Under my current Comcast deal, I will save around $500 or more dollars over the next two years, that's how long I have my current rate system locked in for; I'll take it - way better in my bank account than theirs.

No comments: