Sunday, October 06, 2013

Mmmm, Snausages

At church, they celebrate St. Francis of Assisi each year with a service called "blessing of the animals". Everyone is invited to bring their pets and it's always a fun service with plenty of dogs, some cars, and every now and again we have bunnies, turtles, hamsters, etc. For those who can't or prefer not to bring a pet, a photograph, digital image - even stuffed animals are welcome.

My cat I does not enjoy leaving the house, I take him out one day a year for his vet visit and he dreads that, so I opt to have him blessed via a picture.

After the service, the coffee hour/fellowship always has pet treats. At the far end of the table was a owl with dog treats - it was pretty obvious to me what they were and people were reaching into that bowl and giving them to their dogs throughout the time.

As things were winding down, I ended up hanging around longer than usual because my daughter had band practice. As I was walking out of the hall to go sit and relax (and wait for my kid), I noticed a guy reach in to the bowl of dog treats and pop a few in his mouth. Let's assume this was just a lapse of judgment and an obvious mistake - the second your tongue recognized that the taste of what was in the mouth was not human food, the normal reaction would be spit it out in disgust. However, in this case, the person in question made a face as if, "not bad" and kept on chewing!

I nearly pee'd myself, could not control the laughter.

Disclaimer: The reference to snausages has no bearing on the brand name - only that the food in question looked Like little sausages, well, pigs in a blanket - ish.

Not having tried the treats that were there, I can't say whether or not they were disgusting. What if they were delicious to humans as well? Although, the particular person who ate them is very telling about the event.

No comments: