Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Obsessipe

My name is Chris, and I am an addict - a recipe addict!

I collect way more of them than I can ever make but I don't care, I love them and I love the ideas that pop into my head when I read them.

If the little diddy on the right is working properly for you, you've got an entertaining little animated thingy that is pretty funny if you ask me :)

As I type this, I have a collection of recipes that would qualify for "thing I should make for pot luck tomorrow" but I just don't have the juice to make it happen right now.

One of my all-time favorite savory recipes is called "Caramelized Salmon". I first saw the recipe on one of Emeril Lagasse's old shows on The Food Network. If you want to check out the recipe as it appeared back in 2005, click here. Of the many ways I have served it, my favorite is over roasted garlic mashed potatoes with some asparagus in a lemon butter.

My all-time favorite sweet recipe is one that is super simple, but works every time and uses ingredients you are likely to always have and are not perishable. The recipe is called "Wowie Cake" and has appeared on this blog (find it using the search tool up top). Wowie Cake is a simple, delicious, and inconceivably moist chocolate cake that is made with no perishable ingredients! There are so many different ways you can dress it up, and I have, but just plain it is pretty perfect.

No comments: