Saturday, November 09, 2013

Back to the Kitchen

Back in May, I talked about being in the exploration phase of remodeling my kitchen. Many months later, after a lot of research (I mean a lot), negotiations, second thoughts, and reluctance, I finally made it official and placed a deposit on the remodel today. As I said back then, I really have no idea how much time I will remain in this house but regardless, the kitchen is in pretty awful shape and will need a remodel regardless.

Some brief details, I chose natural Maple for the wood species/color.
The counter tops will be quartz.
There will be a tile backsplash.

Yes, I am anxious about the whole project because it's expensive. Not exorbitant, but it's a lot of money considering all factors in my life at the moment.

I'm anxious because I tend to be anxious about these kinds of things anyway.

It's going to be a while before destruction/construction gets started, so I have a good amount of time to build on that anxiety, and to select back splash tile and appliances - and be anxious about those things as well.

Once things get going, it's going to be 3-4 weeks where I must survive without a kitchen at all.

I'm filled with dread, fear, anxiety and a small splash of excitement. I know, I am nuts.

No comments: