Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

I write that just after 11pm on Thanksgiving, still in something of a food coma, still swearing "that will never happen again" and most of all, thankful.

It occurred to me recently that next June, this blog will be 10 years old! It's amazing how the social media landscape has changed since then but I am so grateful for the special relationships and friendships that have come into my life as a result of this particular form.

I find myself at this moment in a hotel room in Toms River, NJ, my daughter about 8 feet away on her bed texting with her friends after having hung out with cousins that she doesn't get to see all that often and I am glad that I got to spend time with family and it wasn't at a funeral (or a wedding).

Tomorrow, I will visit with a cousin (and her family) that I've only seen once in the last 20+ years. I look forward to that visit way more than the extremely long drive home back to MA.

Of course, dear reader - you find your way here and read about my life and my world and I find that so interesting and wonderful that you would take the time to read this blog and come back. Thank You!

No comments: