Saturday, November 30, 2013

I Slept In and I Liked It (I Planked for a Minute and I Didn't)

The sum total of the exhaustion from all the driving knocked me out last night and while I awoke briefly at around 7 am this morning, I grunted and fell back asleep until around 10. Me sleeping that late is a very rare occurrence but it had to be done and I don't feel guilty.

After a treadmill workout, I had to do a 1 minute plank as I am on day 9 of the 30 day challenge. If you ever want to see how short a minute is, go on the TV show Chopped. If you ever want to see how long a minute is, try planking.

I failed my first attempt at a full one minute plank but waited a short while and tried again. I failed my second attempt as well but I was determined to get the job done. On the third attempt, I accomplished the task and while proud in the moment, dread the idea of doing it again tomorrow.

The usual mish mash about people stomping all over each other on Black Friday and worse, crowds gathering to shop on Thanksgiving evening. I really hate this shit! As cold as this sounds, I have no mercy for anyone that gets hurt on one of these vicious shopping trips - I said this on Facebook and I will repeat it here: "If you plan to go out Christmas shopping on Thanksgiving, you have no idea what either holiday is really about and I am therefore really sad for you."

I think that be all for the moment.

No comments: