Saturday, November 30, 2013

Meme: Sugar Shack

This song was popular 50 years ago yesterday. Hear it here.

1) In this song, our hero orders espresso. What's your standard coffee order?

Decaf with cream (no sugar).

2) Originally the phrase "sugar shack" meant a small cabin where sap from maple trees was boiled into syrup. So for breakfast today, would you rather pour syrup on pancakes, French toast or waffles?

Waffles, Belgian Waffles to be specific.

3) The name of the group that recorded this song is The Fireballs. "Fireballs" is also the brand name of a red hot jawbreaker. Do you like cinnamon?

I do like cinnamon but I wish the name for the flavor of "red hot" candies was something other than Cinnamon; a word which I prefer to associate to the spice used in things like French toast, coffee rolls and the sort.

4) In 1963, when this song was a hit, newscaster Walter Cronkite was one of the most trusted and influential men in the country. Do you have a favorite TV newsperson?

Sara Underwood, a local news woman in MA - she has a trusting voice and I'll admit it, she's hot.

5) The Rambler was named 1963 Car of the Year by Motor Trend, and their most popular model was a 9-passenger station wagon. What's the car of your dreams?

I'm not a big car guy but I always loved the early model (late 1960's) Camaro.

6) The Zip Code was first introduced in 1963. How many different Zip Codes have you had throughout your life?

According to my calculations, five.

7) What was the first thing you thought about when you woke up this morning?

The silly headache I had and how much I wanted it to go away.

 8) Are you a good pool player?

No, though during the time I was high school age, I played almost every day for a period of time and got decent. However, that was more than 30 years ago, not so much any longer.

 9) Do you actually make a wish when you blow out your birthday candles?

Of course I make a wish, what the heck kind of question is that?

No comments: