Thursday, November 21, 2013

That Time of Year and Everything Else Right Now

As we roll into the end of the year/holiday countdown starting with Thanksgiving, it becomes what has been an emotionally difficult time of year for me. I have such great memories of the holidays from when I was a kid, so it makes me miss my parent's more than usual.

I've been lucky to have some good friends, my friend Linda's family is where I've spent may thanksgivings over the last decade, all but one in fact. It's fun there because her kids and grandkids fill the house with fun, food and they've always made me feel like family.

This year, I'm finally bringing this kitchen remodel to fruition and while I suspect that demo and installation will likely not commence until the new year, I need to get new appliances, which for me means tons of research, lots of second guessing, several panic attacks, decisions, more second guessing, etc. To date, I've picked a refrigerator and a dishwasher and have gone back and forth on an oven several (dozen) times and have yet to select an over the range microwave as I second guess that decision over a range hood. There's more but I will spare you - you get the picture, I am a wreck.

I actually got emotional about a student this morning - I will tell you about that story soon.

No comments: