Monday, December 23, 2013

2013 RetroMemespective

This meme is sort of becoming an annual end of year tradition. Here's how it works. Go into your archives from the past year and post the first sentence of the first post from each month. For this year, in compiling them with this level of rigidity I found the whole thing utterly boring; so I changed it up a bit. What I've done, with the exception of June (because the last post of the month was the first one I saw and it re-caught my attention), I started with the first post of each month and went through that and each post after until I caught something that grabbed my attention enough to think it might catch yours thinking, hoping, wondering if, you read it, liked it, didn't like it, or want to read it based on the sentence (or in some cases, sentences) I pulled for this post.

I know there are readers out there but there are very few who comment on the posts and for at least some of them, I do really wonder what they mean to you. Enjoy!

January
From 1/2: ” “I bought a chinois today...and another half sheet pan, two silpats and a partridge in a pear tree. Okay, you got me, I didn't really get the chinois. LOL! I did; you know which one I didn't get.”

February
From 2/6: “While packing a book into a manila envelope today, my hand slipped and thus created a rather deep and painful paper cut.

March
From 3/12: “I was accidentally rude today and felt super bad."

April
From 4/3: “I think in some way, this is a piece of an illustration on my thoughts about the impact of education on civility and civilization and society in general..”

May
From 5/6: “First (and foremost), are you freaking kidding me? Pizza, from a vending machine!”

June
From 6/30: “I was at the supermarket yesterday and as I passed the deli counter, as I do maybe once every couple of years, I thought about a cold cut called Liverwurst.”

July
From 7/7: “My daughter and I were having breakfast at iHop and in the both across from us, there was a very young girl playing with a spoon, trying to balance it on her nose with no luck.”

August
From 8/18: “I was at a red light on a two lane road and I noticed the car in front of me and in the lane to the left, the rear window was lowered and out came a pinwheel in the hand of what I presumed to be a young child.”

September
From 9/7: “Winter Street is a long quiet country road that start (or ends if you are coming the other way) just across the street from me.”

October
From 10/2: “From Gunpowder to Teeth Whitener: The Science Behind Historic Uses of Urine.”

November
From 11/23: “It started with an email from a student whose work had taken a bit of a turn of late.”

December (Up until Today)

From 12/1: “I must go shopping. I am completely out of generosity and want to get some.”

No comments: