Sunday, December 15, 2013

22 Days

I started the 30 day plank challenge for a number of reasons. Once I began, I set my sights on completing all 30 days - I had no idea what I was in for; no idea how hard it would be. With the exception of the first couple of days, almost every day was a challenge and more surprisingly, a learning experience.

I succeeded for 22 days, though on that 22nd day, I felt both one of my greatest challenges and one of my greatest victories. I fought hard, for about an hour and a half to two hours through more than a dozen attempts . By the time that three minute timer expired and buzzed, the pain and pleasure merged into such a release.

Yesterday was day 23 and I woke up having the comfort of knowing that though very difficult, a three minute plank was actually possible, this was not the case just a day or two earlier. I started earlier in the day. I felt the soreness from the day before but I fought throu it best I could. Knowing it took many tries the day before, I was prepared for a fight. In the end, after three hours and several dozen attempts, I had nothing left to give, I fought, I sweated, I even cried, and then instead of dwelling in th fact that I had not completed the 30 day challenge, I decided to celebrate achieving 22 days of success.

Perhaps in the new year I will make another go, perhaps not. For now, I continue to exercise every day and still do it through a few nagging injuries ans sore joints. The whole fitness and proper eating thing has been a greater challenge of late but I take it all one day at a time.

Never surrender!

No comments: