- Blunderbuss - Jack White: Loved it, made me like Jack White
- Push and Shove - No Doubt: Excellent!
- Covered - Macy Gray: I love cover versions, this is pretty unique and surprised me.
- Born to Sing No Plan B - Van Morrison: A nice listen as I recall, nothing earth shattering, but cool.
- Unorthodox Jukebox - Bruno Mars: I liked it a lot.
- The Carpenter - The Avett Brothers: I only discovered them this past year, great stuff!
- The Idler Wheel...-Fiona Apple: It didn't knock me over like it did the critics but I did like it.
- Trespassing - Adam Lambert: Disappointing overall.
- Songs for the End of The World - Rick Springfield: Surprisingly awesome.
- Rebel Soul - Kid Rock: Dig him, dig this record.
- Music From Another Dimension - Aerosmith: Time for them to hang it up.
- Natural History - J.D. Souther: Brilliant!
- Push the Sky Away -Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: good stuff, if you like Nick Cave.
- The Next Day - David Bowie: Very good, but again, not to the level the critics gave it.
- Enjoy Every Sandwich (The Music of Warren Zevon) - Various: All covers of his songs, fun record, great listen.
- Save Rock and Roll - Fall Out Boy: badass!
- The Jazz Age - Bryan Ferry Orchestra: Totally unique!
- 13 - Black Sabbath: Worth the wait...a pleasant surprise.
- Wrote a Song for Everyone - John Fogerty: Love it.
- See You There - Glen Campbell: Haunting, amazing, totally amazing.
Thursday, December 12, 2013
I just reviewed the list on my library account of CD's I borrowed. I don't buy many CD's anymore but rather borrow them from the library and rip them to iTunes. Here are some I've listened to this year and a word or two about them: