Saturday, December 28, 2013

Sharing Music

A great musical treat for me this year was getting to know a really terrific young singer-songwriter named Jessie Albright. Jessie replaced my friend Meghan in a band called "The Road Dawgs" (who I've seen now, oh,  about 100 times or more, and have become friends with) but she also writes, records and performs as a solo act.

In 2014, among many landmark events for Jessie, she will release her first album called "Waiting Patiently" and I thought I would share the title cut for you. Give it a listen below, enjoy the lyrics, and then see below for more about Jess, her web site and her forthcoming release.

**************************************************


Lyrics

Caught in a place
where there's no one but you
sleeping in quiet
only your face shines through

Reality steals you from me
and as hard as it may try
I will keep on living my dream, day by day

'Cause I know there will be a day
when you hold me in your arms
and I will be there waiting patiently

You're all I see
when the sun don't shine
When I feel weak, you'll be there by my side

No matter what I do I
only have eyes for you
And I'll keep on living what I know is true

'Cause I know there will be a day
when you hold me in your arms
and I will be there waiting patiently

What do I do when I think I can't make it through?
What do I say when people ask about you?

This I know you won't let go and neither will I
Can't you see I'm in love with you now, why would I lie?

'Cause I know that there will be a day
when you hold me in your arms
and I will be there waiting patiently
I will be there waiting patiently
I will be there waiting patiently
**************************************************
Let's talk a bit more about this....

I should first point you to Jessie's web site: http://www.jessiealbright.com/

At her site, you could hear more of her music, purchase her first single (and donate to World Vision at the same time), see photos,  read a bio, and learn much more about Jessie including the soon to be released album; also, please sign up for her newsletter!

The reason I chose to feature the song "Waiting Patiently" is because when I heard her perform it last night, the lyrics took on some meaning for me. As I've talked about many times here and other places, whether it's a song or a poem, the beauty of the written word is the that regardless of the inspiration and meaning to the author, we as the reader (or listener) are free to interpret and give those words meaning in the context of our own thoughts, feelings and lives. Some of the lyrics in this song take on a very personal meaning to me.

Earlier today, I asked Jessie about her inspiration for this song, because I was of course curious- rather than reveal that here, you can hear that from her at a show or you can ask by interacting with her on her website :) Enjoy the song here and the other two on her web site and let them take on meaning for you as well.

I must recommend though that you get out to a show, that's where you will get the best Jessie experience. Jessie is awesome as both the leader singer of The Road Dawgs and in her Solo performances - please treat yourself to one, you won't be disappointed!

No comments: