Friday, December 13, 2013

Three Very Long Minutes

I had found my way through the three 2.5 minute planks over the last four days, it wasn't easy, but I got through them. Today was time for the first 3 minute plank I while I expected a challenge, I didn't know it would be such a difficult one.

With each failed attempt, a little bitty bit of doubt built up and I wondered if it was even possible after sic, seven, eight tries all lasting anywhere from a minute to two minutes and change. I never gave up though, I decided to fight hard and even through the pain and doubt prove to myself that I could accomplish this.

I lost track after eleven attempts but I do know that the attempt that led to success there was pain, severe pain, my tee shirt had crawled up my stomach, my arms, abs and entire body was trembling and when the timer sounded indicating success, I yelped, fell to my stomach and tested up with joy.

Not much time for celebration, tomorrow I must do it again and the day after, I add 30 more seconds. One day at a time, one challenge at a time, never give up and never say never.

No comments: