Tuesday, January 07, 2014

CES and Things

The annual consumer electronics show is in full force out in Vegas and reading the daily reports of all the new tech toys in the pipeline is pretty amazing. Do you get excited at technology?

You ever stop and think about the advances in technology over the span of your own life? Regardless of how old you are, it's a pretty amazing progression.

Transition....

I just sent an email to the people at the company doing the work in my kitchen to get a status update. The big wait was for the cabinets, which had a 6-8 week lead time, which falls around now. I'm both nervous and anxious about getting this job over and done with but it's likely once it starts, I'll be without kitchen for 3-6 weeks...that scares the crap out of me!

The heat in my house was just fine for a few days, right now, not awesome...bearable, but a few about 5 degrees off or so; it seems to have a hard time keeping up with the extreme cold. I changed the variances which seemed to held but even at a mere 3 degrees, it seems to have stalled in this cold and it's actuallyy colder upstairs than the bottom out temp I set the programmable thermostat for...hmmmm!

I'm hitting the sack...be warm (if you are cold!)

No comments: