Sunday, January 12, 2014

Cut!

If a director can't make a film in 100 minutes or less, they have no business making films. Anything over 100 minutes is at best pretentious and at worst, poor film making. While I concede there are exception, for the most part, I believe this to be true. In fact, I have almost no inclination in the modern era of film making to go see a movie in a theater. If  a movie exceeds 100 minutes, I automatically assume there's a far greater chance I will not enjoy it and there's at least a 50% greater chance I will never see it.

The other ridiculous thing in the film world is the adaptation/sequel thing. Ugh! I can't think of one I have any desire to see.

I'll leave it at that and throw the ball in your court. I know you are reading, please, throw a comment below and share your thoughts.

No comments: