Monday, January 27, 2014

Meme: The Fast Dozen Meme

Not sure how this meme got it's name, it took me a while to answer these questions.

1.       What is the last book that you passed on to someone else to read?
I can’t recall the last time I physically handed a book to someone and said “read this!” I often talk about books that I read and make suggestions. Not too long ago, I handed off “The Complete Hitchhiker’s Guide to The Galaxy” series to my daughter and even more recently sent a copy to another teen who I thought might enjoy it. Also, a few weeks ago after talking about a book I was finishing up, one of my colleagues got a hold of it and read it.

2.       The one song you secretly or not so secretly want to sing at karaoke?
Billy Joel – Until the Night

3.       If you had to pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
That’s a tougher question than it seems, at least for me, I kind of like my name. Oh gosh, I really have no idea other than I would like it to be something very uncommon and flows well with my last name.

4.       What do you wish your administrator or boss would notice?
The importance of the work I do off campus at conferences. I don’t think there is enough fight for the required money in the budget to make it sure that I get to the important conferences.

5.       What is your biggest pet peeve?
I don’t know for certain if it’s the “biggest” but it’s certainly right up there when drivers do not use their turn signals.

6.       What holds you back in pursuing your biggest dream?
Oh boy, how do I respond to this properly in this space? I guess the best I can do is that my biggest dream doesn’t only involve me and I can only make definitive decisions for myself, not others. I know that’s a little vague but it’s all I want to write here.

7.       Why do you think you are a lovable person?
I believe I have a good heart. I was never up for playing head games or leading people on, or pretending to be someone other than who I am.

8.       If every day had an extra hour in it, what would you do with it?
I could answer by saying what I would like to do with it or what I would most likely end up doing with it (which is the likely scenario for just about everyone). I’d like to say that hour would be dedicated exclusively for the most special people in my life; not outside distractions; something like that. But I think in the end, that extra hour would end up just becoming a part of our day.

9.       The last song you turned up in your car or house was?
Happened just a few hours ago, Judas Priest – You’ve Got Another Thing Coming

10.   What is a secret talent you may have?
If I have any secret talents, they are a secret to me! There are a handful of silly things I’ve learned I can do and there was a time the summer between 8th and 9th grade where I shattered a few bones in my right wrist so I learned how to throw a football with my left hand, I still can, though not as good as I could back then or obviously, not as good as my right hand.

11.   Your favorite thing to do outside when it's not too cold out in the winter?
I love to take walks.

12.   How do you respond if someone asks you an inappropriate or nosy question?
Very directly, no sense in skating around it.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Steve Finnell, I would appreciate if you did not pollute my blog with your fundamentalist bullshit. I will be deleting your comment!