Tuesday, February 04, 2014

One More Thought on the Super Bowl, Bruno Mars and Yahooooooooo

I hadn't watched last year's super bowl and I think I even skipped the year before that. However, I've watched somewhere between 20 and 30 of the 43 Super Bowls played, a lot of them, and this one was right at the top of the list of the ones not worth watching (unless your are a Seahawks fan of course).

I have to give credit where it is due, the Seahawks came to play, clearly paid careful attention to who they were playing against and prepared perfectly. The Broncos looked like amateurs out there. If there was one saving grace to the Broncos, it was in the incredible display of class after the game by Peyton Manning.

Of the two stories I read, one speaks of how after dealing with the loss, the locker room, the press and so much more, Manning still took the time to sign autographs. Also, he actively sought out Seahawks CB Richard Sherman (who was a controversial figure since the the payoffs) to ask him how his ankle was doing. Sherman had to leave the game after injuring his ankle and despite the gravity of such a loss, Manning still reached out; what a truly inspiring man. On that day, after hearing of those two stories, Mr. Peyton Manning has certainly earned my respect as one of the finest professional athletes in the world; such a true demonstration of good sportsmanship and human kind.

Let's talk a bit about the half time show. I heard a lot of smack talk about Bruno Mars and quite frankly, I could not understand it. In his short career, the 28 year old Mars has done nothing but impress me, especially in the times I've seen him perform. As I had no doubt he would, he went on to give the only real great moment in the Super Bowl. For me, this was easily the best super bowl half time show since Bruce Springsteen in 2009 and maybe along with Springsteen, one of the two best in history; he was absolutely spectacular!
**********************************************
In totally unrelated news, I received word from Yahoo about a potential security issue and a strong suggestion to change my password. I don't know if you have a Yahoo account and if you do, if you received this warning and if so, actually changed your password. I am here to tell you that I did change my password and am suggesting you do the same.

Peace!

No comments: